The Internet is full of great things and useful information, but it can also be full of spam and annoying telemarketing calls to your personal phone. These days, most Internet services require you to confirm your new account registration by sending an SMS with an activation code to your cell phone number.
This helps many companies to prevent the use of bots for scamming and to confirm the identity of the user. For example, social networking services like Facebook, Gmail, Twitter and Instagram have long used SMS verification to verify new accounts. This feature helps them prevent spam and abuse by preventing unscrupulous users from creating fake accounts. Even though these things help tech companies prevent spam and abuse, most people on the Internet don’t want to enter their personal information and mobile numbers on any site.
These people are very easy to understand, in our reality not all companies do good business. Some companies sell the base of phone numbers they get to third parties to promote affiliate products or start advertising campaigns. Using your personal number on third parties is one of the reasons you get spam and telemarketing calls to your personal phone.
So we decided to share with you one way that will help you get rid of spam to your number and bypass phone number verification on almost any resource. This way is to use a virtual number instead of your personal number.
What is a virtual number for SMS and what are their benefits?
Virtual cell phone numbers are cell phone numbers that exist only on the Inteneret and do not have a physical SIM card. However, such phone numbers can be used for quite standard functions, such as receiving SMS-messages and others.
Virtual phone numbers have been around for a long time, but have gained such popularity relatively recently. In fact, they are often used by companies and ordinary users for verification and mass creation of accounts in social networks and messengers without having to buy an additional SIM card and mobile devices. Benefits of using a virtual numbers for SMS
Here are some of the main benefits of using a virtual phone number for SMS:
- Absolute anonymity. With a real phone number it’s quite easy to find out basic information about its owner (address, contacts, place of work, etc.). With virtual number it’s impossible to find out additional information about the user.
- Tamper-proof. A virtual phone number does not expose your IP address, account numbers or other financial information stored on your phone to cybercriminals.
- Active recurring participation in promotions and free valuable prizes. Companies often run lucrative promotions that restrict a person to registering from a single number at a time. If a virtual number is used for this purpose, bonuses can be collected indefinitely, either for personal use or for sale to other users.
- Bypassing regional bans. Some projects restrict access to the resource to residents of certain regions. This is not only a political nuance, but also the copyright of the site to work with the population from a particular locality. There are also problems with text message delivery from the Russian Federation to other countries around the world. A virtual phone number allows you to bypass all these restrictions and send SMS to any part of the world.
- Register an unlimited number of accounts in social networks and messengers. Registration on Facebook, WhatsApp, Gmail, Telegram and others requires a phone number. One account – one phone number. With Virtual Numbers you can get an unlimited number of mobile numbers to register.
How to get a virtual phone number using SMS-man
- Register at sms-man.com – enter your e-mail address and come up with a password.
- After logging in, select the country code from which you want to generate the virtual number and the service for which you want to receive an SMS
- The user tops up their account (if required), chooses the service and purchases/requests the number by clicking on the purchase button next to the service
- Window appears in the service’s personal profile with the number to copy;
- The user copy and paste a phone number in the app to register and receives an SMS with a confirmation code;
- The user presses the “Get SMS” button in sms-man.com personal cabinet. After which the user sees received SMS message (confirmation code);
- Now all that remains is to copy the code and complete the registration with it.
So, this is the best method for creating virtual mobile phone numbers for registration. With this service you can generate an unlimited number of virtual phone numbers and use them to receive SMS.