Many of you prefer to spend a day on the beach to unwind and de-stress. The beach is also a good place to bond with your family and friends and rejuvenate. However, without the right arrangements, a trip to the beach can turn into an uncomfortable experience for you because of the excessive heat during summer. So you need to carry a few essentials with you like a beach umbrella and swimsuit so that you can have a relaxing day at the beach.
In fact, a beach umbrella is a perfect way to get some protection from the harsh Aussie sun. The only thing that you need to keep in mind is that you need to choose the right kind of umbrella. Today, we will help you learn how to do so as well as share with you tips about different types, sizes, etc. so that you can make an informed decision when it comes to choosing outdoor umbrellas in Australia.
- Size: The primary factor that you must consider is the size of the umbrella. If it’s only going to be one adult or one adult and one child, you’ll normally get away with a medium-sized or a small umbrella. If you are looking to cover a family or two adults, you should opt for a large-size umbrella. You also need to be careful about the diameter of the umbrella.
- Ease of use: It often gets windy on Aussie beaches. And we don’t want you to be running down the beach chasing your umbrella after it’s been blown away in a gust of wind. So you need to choose an umbrella that is wind-resistant. However, we must warn you that you should pack your umbrella when the wind speed increases. Because however strong an umbrella can be, it can still topple over when facing high winds. So beach umbrellas should be easy to open and close. In essence, the opening shouldn’t be a complicated process, while you should be easily able to contract the umbrella when it’s time to pack up. A heavy duty umbrella, though, should be able to sustain a light breeze provided it is strongly secured in the sand.
- Portability: You would want to buy an umbrella that is portable and easy to carry around on the beach.
- Anchor and base: Sand on the beaches could prove to be tricky when you want to set up your umbrella. So it is important to buy umbrellas that have a sturdy base to stabilise your umbrella. You can also use sand anchors, or water weights, or metal weights to secure your umbrella and keep it upright all day long.
- Mechanism: The sun keeps changing its position throughout the day. Therefore, you would need an umbrella that gives you the right amount of coverage regardless of the sun’s position. So look for a locking push button tilt feature in an umbrella. The tilt function will help you adjust the umbrella left and right, forward and backward, according to the sun’s position.
- Sun Protection: There’s no point in having a heavy duty outdoor umbrella if it’s not giving you maximum sun protection. So you need to ensure that whatever beach umbrella you are buying, they are shielding you from UV rays.
- Durability: We always ask our readers to never compromise on quality. One way of doing that is to buy umbrellas made of top-quality fabric. Good-quality material can handle all the elements of the weather while you can comfortably relax on the beach. As already mentioned, most beaches are open windy places so there will always be a bit of wind pressure on both the frame and marquee. So it is crucial that you buy aluminium or fibreglass frame umbrellas. Unlike wooden frames, which tend to snap easily under pressure, these frames are sturdier and stronger.
There is such a wide range of beach umbrellas in the market that you would often get confused about which one is the right fit for you. But we would suggest you opt for the one that ticks all the above-mentioned points. It might mean that you might have to shell out some extra money to buy a good quality product but you will only be profitable in the longer run. The crucial aspect that affects how long a beach umbrella will last is how well you maintain it and what sort of weather conditions it goes through. So you must take care of your umbrella
These days, manufacturers also provide you with options where you can customise and accessorise your umbrella. So you can browse through various sections on their website and choose accordingly. However, we must once again warn you that you should take special care in securing your umbrella and making them stable on the sandy beaches even though you might buy a strong and sturdy umbrella.