Summer is every beauty lover’s worst nightmare. But hold on! Before you open your wallet for those exorbitantly priced items, we have the most cost-effective alternatives. This summer, get glowing and happy skin from the comfort of your own home with these inexpensive, simple, and natural DIY skin care tips. It’s time to recall all of your grandmother’s or mother’s old beauty tricks for your face and body.
You can shop some of the basic beauty essentials from Namshi and use the Namshi discount code to get discounts on all your purchases. Check out VoucherCodesUAE to get access to 2000+ promo codes, deals, and offers.
10 DIYs for a healthy summer glow
1. Wash your face
Wash your face with cold water on a regular basis to remove sweat and dust that tends to accumulate on the face. Cold milk on a cotton ball is another option. It is critical to protect our skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays. Make sure to apply sunscreen with at least 30 SPF before going outside.
2. Exfoliate your skin
To maintain the glow, the skin should be exfoliated at least twice a week, especially during this season.
- A besan and milk paste with oatmeal or turmeric and lemon will work wonders. Simply rub this paste on your face and neck in a circular motion to see the difference for yourself.
- For acne-prone skin, make a paste of Fuller’s earth, rose water, and sandalwood powder to get a healthy glow. You can also simply make a paste of sandalwood powder, curd, and a pinch of turmeric powder.
3. Cleanse your skin
Cleaning your skin is also essential. There are many home remedies that are known to produce positive results.
- The best option is yogurt and honey, which, when applied to the face for 10 minutes, will provide you with smooth and clean skin.
- Remember to moisturize your skin on a regular basis. Apply a good moisturizer to keep your skin healthy and hydrated.
- For oily skin, use a gel-based moisturizer; for normal skin, use a water-based moisturizer.
4. Save your skin from tanning
Tanning is another major issue in the summer that requires a lot of our effort and time to treat. But not any longer!
- Tomato juice can be used to remove tan. It contains natural bleaching agents that help eradicate the tanned layer from your skin. Tomato and lemon juices are beneficial to all skin types.
- If your skin is too dry, combine a little sandalwood powder with it.
- If it is oily and prone to acne; Fuller’s Earth is the best option to add to the paste.
- Allow the paste to sit for about ten minutes before washing it off with cold water.
- You could also use a honey and lime mixture to remove tan. Apply it to your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes before washing it off.
5. Aloe vera to soothe your skin
Aloe vera is also an excellent summertime remedy. Make small cubes of aloe vera juice and freeze them. You can rub these frozen aloe vera juice cubes on your face after coming in from the sun. It will leave your skin feeling revitalized and glowing. Auxin and gibberellins are two hormones found in aloe vera. These two hormones are in charge of anti-inflammatory properties that reduce skin inflammation.
6. For a cooling effect and smooth skin
During the summer, rose water is a good friend to our skin.
- You can use a cotton ball to dab it on your face to clean and cool it. You could also spray rose water on your face for an instant facelift. Rose water contains anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin. It is a great cleanser that aids in the removal of oil and dirt from the skin.
- Another skin-friendly fruit is bananas. Mash a banana to a pulp and mix in some milk. Apply evenly to your face and leave it on for 20 minutes. Then rinse it with cold water. Bananas contain moisture, potassium, and vitamins E and C, which contribute to clear, glowing skin. Make sure to use this pack on a regular basis during summer to achieve flawless skin.
7. For blackheads
Are you tired of the unsightly blackheads and whiteheads that appear on your face during the summer due to excessive sweating and exposure to air or sun? You can get your hands on the best home remedy and easy-to-follow DIY removal to quickly get rid of the white and blackheads.
- You will need an egg white and mix it with honey. Stir it well and apply a thin layer of the mixture all over your nose and chin.
- Once it’s dry, wash it off and you’re free of these pokey heads.
8. A good coffee body scrub
A homemade DIY body scrub can be the best way to remove all of your tanning and impurities, instantly boosting your body. Make sure you have these items in hand if you want to make a simple DIY body polish scrub.
- 1 tablespoon coffee, 1 tablespoon wheat flour, 1 teaspoon honey, 2 tablespoons milk, and your favorite essential oil.
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients. When you’re finished with your body scrub, spoon it into a container and apply it all over your body and face.
- To achieve glowing skin, use this body scrub twice a week on a consistent basis.
9. Drink and apply juices to keep hydrated
The cooling properties of watermelon juice, coconut juice, and cucumber juice are well known. Apply these juices to your face on a regular basis to soothe your skin from the elements. Watermelons contain vitamins A, B6, and C, as well as lycopene and amino acids, all of which contribute to healthy skin. To achieve flawless skin, drink these juices as well as apply them on a regular basis.
10. Face mists
Mists are quite popular these days because they help to keep your face hydrated and cool all summer long. If you want to make your own face mist, follow these steps:
- Simply place a green tea bag in boiled water, remove it and set it aside to cool
- Add 4 drops of tea tree essential oil, place it in a bottle and shake it to ensure proper mixing.
- These mists help you combat summer by instantly cooling, calming, and hydrating your skin. Acne-prone and oily skin types should use this on a daily basis.